Avoiding fraud attempts
The safest way to buy and sell is through our integrated payment system. It ensures sellers get paid in a timely fashion, and as a buyer you’ll get a refund if the item doesn’t arrive or it’s not as described.
Here’s some of our top tips for staying safe when buying and selling with Shpock:
- Only talk to other users via Shpock: We can’t help if we can’t see the messages, so make sure you only talk to other users directly through Shpock chat. Avoid giving out your personal information.
- Look out for too good to be true prices: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Report anything you’re unsure of via the item page for our Trust team to investigate.
- Only complete the sale when you’re happy with your item: Once a sale has completed, that’s you confirming you’ve got the item and you’re happy with it. To be covered by our Buyer Protection you must report a problem to us within 7 days of the item being shipped.
- Avoid unsafe payment methods: You’re only fully covered by us if you use Shpock integrated payments. If you pay with anything else (like PayPal Friends & Family), we won’t be able to refund you if something goes wrong.
- You don’t need to pay a deposit: If you’re collecting something you should only pay for your item when you’ve seen it and you’re happy with it.
- If you’ve sold something, check you’ve got the money: When using our integrated payment service, you’ll get a notification when the buyer has paid and you need to ship.
- Always use tracked delivery: Make sure you get proof of postage for the item you’ve sent so you can track it if it doesn’t arrive.
If you’re not sure of something, you can report your partner. Every report we receive is reviewed by our Trust team and the appropriate action taken.
This might be also useful for you: