General safety tips
Here are our top safety tips for when buying and selling with Shpock
Don’t share your phone number or e-mail address in the title or description
- Only communicate through the Shpock app - we can’t help you if something goes wrong and you haven’t spoken via chat
Don’t share sensitive data in the public Q&A
If you’re buying:
- Make sure you’ve asked everything you need to in the Q&A before making an offer - only make an offer if you’re 100% ready to buy
- If collecting your item in person make sure you check the item thoroughly before handed over any cash
- If you’re not meeting up, only pay directly through the Shpock app so you’re covered with Buyer Protection ✅
- Make sure you get proof of authenticity when buying high value branded items.
If you’re selling:
- Always get proof of posting and if you can choose an insured posting method - that means the courier will cover you if the parcel goes missing
- Make sure you’ve received the money before posting the item - we always recommend using our Secure Delivery option.